DescriptionNanite amplifiers heals a good amount of damage to the most hurt allied rig in its range. It has a 6 second cooldown however so consecutive abilities activated will not trigger more than 1 heal unless there is a 6 second gap in between activations. It does not require activation so it is easier on low APM players.
Heals a single target.
Nanite Amplifiers allows for a higher level of healing, but with the trade off of
- Rapid fire allows for a steady slow on multiple targets
- Great harrassment tool minimizing risk
- Scales well into the late game
- Ideal hit and run weapon for drawn out fights and poking at enemy
- Makes 1v1 against tanks easy with the proper micro, which can force a tank to retreat for healing allowing the rest of your team to take objectives or engage squishier enemy units.
- Less range than the plasma rifle, meaning higher risk against enemy gunners and requires higher risk kiting.
- Lacks burst damage as well as aoe making it less useful in fully engaged teamfights
- Against gunners with higher DPS weapons or longer ranger weapons the Assault plasma can lose out
- Slow is not as useful as burst damage/high dps for farming hives. The assault plasma gun is catered more for pvp.
- Tanks can mitigate the CC such as the plasma assault rifles slow using crumple panels, drawing fire to allow other units to chase down or hit the gunner
- Fight fire with fire. CC such as stuns from supports or slow from mass fields can allow tanks and other units to close the gap and prevent kiting
- Another counter for tanks is to use initiation gear such as bull rush to close the gap quickly and use slow weapons such as slaggers or pulverizers to prevent escape.
- Gunners typically have similar range, mobility, and DPS. A gunner with high DPS and/or burst damage can quickly melt gunners equipped with assault plasma guns.
- The Plasma Rifle outranges the Assault plasma rifle and out damage's the Assault plasma rifle until late game. Use this to establish early game dominance and capitalize on this advantage.